Fishing fleets from Iceland to Alaska have been using case isolated ground Eco-Tech 28V Alternators (IJ-28V/155-I) since their introduction in 2004. Standard 28V Eco-Tech Alternators (J-28V/155-I) are well suited for and have been used in construction and military vehicles. Eco-Tech 28V Alternators are being manufactured in J-180 and Pad mount versions.
Similar to Eco-Tech 14V Alternators, J-28V/155-I Alternators produce four fifths of their rated output of 165 Amps at idle. These Alternators have an efficiency rating of 80% at 1,800 alternator RPM resulting in increased fuel economy, longer life, and reduced waste heat.
Features & Benefits
- Eco-Tech 28V alternators generate 130A (80% of rated full output) at 1,800 alternator RPM’s, which is engine idle. Idle output is about 2 and 1/2 times the output of similar size claw pole (Lundell) alternators.
- Designed for vehicles that spend significant operating time at idle. Typical applications are fire, ambulance, shuttle bus, utility trucks,tow trucks and other high amps demanding vehicles.
- High efficiency of 80% @ 1800 Alternator RPM
- Eliminate the 50% fuel usage increase caused by high idle
- Patented technology
- Voltage set point 28.3V
- Permanent magnet and wound rotor design
- One wire hook up, self exciting
- Soft start
- Large brushes for longer life
- Heavy duty bearings
- Three high efficiency internal fans